Front-end developer based in Louisville, KY.
I love to craft beautiful web experiences.
Louisville Waterfront Park
Lead Front End Developer
REDDIT'S TOP TATS - CHROME EXTENSION
This is a super simple Chrome App that puts the /r/tattoos subreddit at your fingertips. Click the icon in your browser and you will see the top 10 picture submissions which all link to their comments page.
HTML, CSS, jQuery, Reddit API (JSON)
Natalie C. Miller
502.639.6869 | email@example.com
I started out my career as a web content coordinator for a mid-sized business, using PhotoShop, HTML, CSS, and an extensive content management system for internet marketing. After graduating with a Bachelor's in English, I sought to combine my degree with my marketing experience. I attended a graduate seminar in publishing and got a job at a publishing house. However, I missed creating, crafting, and building with technology. I decided to attend The Iron Yard Academy, an intensive, three-month coding school. There I learned all about front-end engineering from an experienced programmer. I am currently looking for a job in development and am willing to relocate for the right position.
HTML / CSS
- HTML5/CSS (four years experience)
- Cross-Browser Compatibility
- Responsive Sites and Apps
- jQuery (AJAX, Moment.js, jQuery plugins)
- JSON, JSONP
- NPM, Bower, WebPack
- Grunt, Gulp
- Twitter Bootstrap
- PHP: CakePHP, Laravel experience
- Design: Adobe Creative Suite (PhotoShop, InDesign), digital and film photography
- Workflow: Git, Agile development
Front End Developer (2014-?)
- UX Design and Wireframing responsibilities
- Work on both new development projects and maintenance
Publishing Editor (2013-2014)
- Consistently met goal of acquiring 4-5 titles monthly
- Negotiated, wrote, sent, explained, and managed author contracts
- Successfully marketed titles by writing press releases and author biographies, sending press kits to appropriate media outlets
- Scheduling book signings, author presentations, and book launch events
Nanz & Kraft Florists, Inc.
Website Content Coordinator (2010-2013)
- Managed all product photography, wrote product descriptions, meta-descriptions, keywords, and meta-keywords for main website, corporate website, and Smartphone App
- Creating web banners, pages, and thumbnails using the Adobe Creative Suite
- Analyzed site traffic with Google Analytics and made changes accordingly
- Assisted with SEO
- Designed, wrote, scheduled and sent mass emails to mailing list of over 40,000
- Basic web pages and emails with HTML and CSS
- Creating flyers and advertisements for special events
- Coordinating web products with availability
The Iron Yard Academy
The Iron Yard is a fast-paced, intensive, 13-week software development program in Mt. Pleasant, S.C. As a member of the front-end course, I learned under Calvin Webster.
Denver Publishing Institute
Graduate Certificate, Denver Publishing Institute, University of Denver, 2013.
Relevant Coursework: editing, copy editing, proofreading, marketing, production, design.
University of Louisville
Bachelor’s Degree in English, minor in Philosophy, University of Louisville (KY), Spring 2012.
- Mary E. Burton Award, for highest academic standing in the English Department upon graduation.
- Dean’s Scholars List, University of Louisville: Fall 2009, Spring 2010, Fall 2010, Spring 2011.
- Dean’s List, University of Louisville: Fall 2011, Spring 2012.